Register for a FREE account!
Registered users get:
- Unlimited Searches on School Guide
- Our A* Monthly newsletter
School Guide and Rightmove are today announcing an exclusive partnership to bring together two of the most important areas of British family life: school and property.
School Guide now shares our market-leading schools data set with Rightmove, the UK’s largest property website, and enables Rightmove to link key statistics on 30,000 schools with around 90% of all homes for sale via estate agents across the UK.
School Guide’s catchment indicator heat maps are at the heart of the new service. These maps use official pupil data to plot where pupils lived at the time of the last government School Census. We calculate a likelihood of being admitted to a school from a given area based on this historical data and give each postcode a likelihood indicator from Very Likely to Not Likely. Read more about our heat map methodology and the source of our official data here.
Here is an example of a School Guide heat map:
Nine out of ten parents (93%) consider schools when deciding if a location is right for them, and 83% would consider moving to be near a good school, according to recent focus groups facilitated by Rightmove.
Each listing on Rightmove features School Guide’s headline school information, including a catchment indicator and inspection report, and enables users to quickly and easily click through to School Guide for more details. School Guide offers official performance data including GCSE and A Level results, a unique School Guide summary star rating to help parents compare schools and parent reviews. Find out more about Rightmove's new service, School Checker.
Victoria Bond, CEO and Founder of School Guide, says: “Finding the right home near the right school can be a minefield and, until now, there has not been a destination that connects the two. We are delighted to partner with Rightmove to empower users by putting the highest quality property and school data at their fingertips.”
James Micklethwait, Rightmove’s Head of Product Development comments: “Given how important local schools are to many home-hunters, we’re really excited about the launch of our new School Checker. This is a resource which will provide home-hunters with valuable schools information (including catchment indicators) that they cannot find anywhere else. By partnering with School Guide we’ve been able to bring all of the information together in one place to help people who in the past were having to search across a number of sources to find the right home near the right school.”
School Guide's heat maps are the first stage of catchment information to be shared with Rightmove. School Guide is currently collecting actual catchment data and the next phase of maps will be available in the coming months.
• SchoolGuide.co.uk is the UK’s best school information website for parents. Official data on schools is collected and presented in a clear way that is easy for parents to understand
• Each school is given a simple star rating by School Guide based on exam results and inspection data to help parents quickly and easily compare schools
• The website allows parents to add their own school reviews and gives schools the opportunity to add unique content on their own school “noticeboard”
• Rightmove.co.uk is the UK’s largest property website, advertising around 90% of all homes for sale via estate agents across the UK (Rightmove is not an online estate agent)
• Rightmove is the only property site with one million properties, worth around £270 billion
• People in the UK can search for residential resale, new homes, rentals, commercial and overseas properties on Rightmove
• Tools and information people can access on the site include sold prices, market trends, maps, nearby schools, Street View and floor plans
• For customers, the service is directed at four key membership groups: estate agents, lettings agents, new homes developers and overseas home agents